Friday, January 20, 2017

8


My beautiful young lady was baptized at last. She barely missed her original baptism date because it was the day we were flying home. 

I think the extra anticipation was good. She was soooo excited and beautiful and she really just glowed throughout the day. 

Afterwards we went for lunch. It was one of the best ideas I've ever had. I'm not one to go all out for the post baptism (blessing, etc) luncheons so I've never considered it a huge stress. However after Kendall's baptism I don't think I will ever host an after party again!  It was so nice to just really be able to focus on Kendall and enjoy the day without that distraction. It made me a little remorseful that I didn't figure it out sooner!  I remember the night before kendals blessing I got sooo sick and I was still up cooking late into the night. Lame. I should have said "sorry I fell ill so we won't  be doing a lunch."  It's funny how you (I) sometimes just conform. 

Anyway, for me personally that made the day a lot more enjoyable and Kendall had a fantastic day and stayed out playing with siblings and cousins all day and came home from Get Air late at night

When we were still planning on doing a lunch Kendall said she wanted hamburgers. So on Friday night we had a special baptism dinner with hamburgers. Kendall loved the extra attention and I'm glad it was all made into such a big deal. Something I hope she will always remember!. 





No comments: