Friday, January 20, 2017

R&R

For Christmas Dave booked a hotel for me in mid January.  I was super excited to have some downtime but I also couldn't resist having the kids join me for a bit. Maci made the kids invitations while they were at school. We just finished reading the Book of Mormon and we always like to celebrate that. So the invite was for a pool party. Since Maci had a birthday the day before I wanted to do a little surprise party for her. I checked into the hotel as early as possible and went and decorated. I came home just before the kids got back from school. The three older kids new about the surprise so I pretended like I was taking them to see the new gym daycare-which Maci had already seen. I told Maci she was going on errands with Dave. Kelly brought her boys, too. We all hid and waited for Maci. When we yelled "surprise!" she was definitely surprised. But not in the way I planned. She seemed more on the verge of tears than excited. 

She opened her presents and then we swam. We got her favorite dinner (Pizza Hut).  After
dinner Dave took Sunny home and the other kids stayed the night with me. They made me laugh at breakfast "I wonder what Sunny is doing right now?"  "Did I tell you the cute thing Sunny did the other day?"  You'd think they were apart for more than 15 hours!  But I have to admit I missed her pretty dang bad. I was texting Dave to hurry and bring her. She is the light of our lives. Man we love that girl. 

So Dave took the kids sledding Saturday and I stayed in my hotel. It was AMAZING!!!  I told Dave that we have a new tradition on our hands. I know what we are doing every MLK day from now on. It was a glorious break. Allie started texting me first thing Sunday morning, "Mom did you say we could come back today?"  Of course I had to torture her a bit๐Ÿ˜Š.  After
Church Dave brought the kids back to me. Sunny stayed a bit and was totally insane I was like sheesh why was I missing you so much?๐Ÿ˜‚  

The kids stayed the night and sadly my vacation ended early Monday since Dave and Allie were going skiing. 

Det holding the birthday girl!
Maci got two new outfits to match her doll. Of course the one Kendal tom over was a size 4.  The one Maci wore was a six. Maci was most excited about that scarf and wore it so proudly to school. 


No comments: